11 Mar Intro to Electrical Safety and NFPA 70E (Arc Flash)
This one-day instructor-led course provides a basic understanding of how to establish and maintain a safe working area relative to hazards arising from the use of electrical equipment; includes review of pertinent content from the NFPA 70E, 2018 Edition.
This course meets the mandate of training as prescribed in the NFPA 70E, 2018 Edition, Chapter 1, Article 110.2.
SPACE WILL BE LIMITED.
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
CapitalTristate Hagerstown Training Center
12101 Insurance Way
Hagerstown. MD 21740
10% discount for 3 or more attendees from the same company.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Identify the limitations of the NFPA and relationship to OSHA as they pertain to electrical safety.
• Recognize 2 general categories of electrical hazards.
• Identify the 5 primary effects on the human body resulting from exposure to electrical shock, or Arc Flash.
• Identify the 11 components of an Electrical Safety Program.
• Identify the requirements of a successful Lockout/Tagout Program.
• Identify the Limits of Approach.
• Select the appropriate PPE for use when working with energized equipment using new Tables from the 2018 NFPA 70E.
• Recognize compliant equipment labeling.
• Identify the principles and safety procedures associated with the hazards of working on energized equipment.
For more information about the services and products we offer, visit www.capitaltristate.com