15 May Electrical Safety Essentials
We have a great course offering from Don Hursey that will be taking place at Capital Electric Durham.
Don’t miss out on this upcoming course!
This course is approved for 8 hours of continuing education in North Carolina by the NC State Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors (NCBEEC).
SPACE WILL BE LIMITED.
Lunch will be provided.
(10% discount for 3 or more attendees from the same company)
During this 8-hour course, students will:
• Understand some of the changes in the 2018 edition of NFPA 70E.
• Understand the relationship between OSHA and NFPA 70E.
• Know how to verify that electrical equipment is in an electrically safe work condition.
• Understand arc flash and shock protection boundaries.
• Know how to read and understand equipment labels.
• Be able to select and use personal protective clothing and equipment appropriate for arc flash and shock hazards.
Or, contact us at 301-909-2630 for registration
Wednesday, November 13th, 2019
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Capital Electric Durham Training Room
4001 Stirrup Creek Drive, Suite 600
Durham, NC 27703
• How Transformers Work
• Different types of transformer configurations and their usage
• Temperature Limitations
• Basic Transformer Math
• Basic Concepts of Transformer Installation
• Sizing of Overcurrent devices
• Concepts in conductor sizing and overcurrent device placement
• Grounding of separately derived systems
• Total Transformer Calculations Examples
About the Instructor
Don Hursey retired as Durham City/County Senior Electrical Inspector after 33 years of service. He is a licensed electrical contractor for North Carolina. He received the “Instructor of the Year” Award in 2004 from the NC Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors, and in 2008 he received the North Carolina “Electrical Inspector of the Year” Award from the NC Chapter of the IAEI. Mr. Hursey is a member of the North Carolina Ellis Cannady Chapter of IAEI Education Committee and NFPA 72 Committee. He is also the North Carolina State Fair Electrical Apprenticeship Contest Judge. Mr. Hursey is also an instructor for NFPA, UL, Southeastern OSHA Training Institute Education Center and Contracting Classes.
For more information about the services and products we offer, visit www.capitaltristate.com